The three district city councilors who represent parts of Roslindale have all committed to participate in our WalkUP forum discussion this Wednesday, 1/24/18 at 6:30pm at the Roslindale Community Center at 6 Cummins Highway: Andrea Campbell (District 4), Tim McCarthy (District 5), and Matt O’Malley (District 6). We hope everyone interested in a more walkable Roslindale will attend and join the discussion.
We plan for this event to be more open and participatory than the “at large” candidate forum we held before the election. We want to hear what ideas our representatives have for improving the neighborhood and how we can help make them happen; but this should also be an opportunity for our elected representatives to hear our ideas and for a constructive dialogue between us all. So come with your questions and ideas!
We intend to organize the discussion around the following topics. Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments to this post:
- Public transportation: what can be done to make the buses and trains better serve the neighborhood?
- Roslindale Square: how to improve the pedestrian environment and boost the business/retail community?
- Housing: how to handle gentrification and the impact of development on our transportation infrastructure?
- Eastern Roslindale: what’s new with our neighborhood slow streets pilot and the American Legion Greenway initiative?
- All Things Roslindale / Open Discussion: what’s new with the Arboretum Gateway Path as well as planned redesigns along Bussey Street? What other issues are important to Rozzie folks new and old?
Please RSVP on our Facebook Event page and invite your friends and neighbors!