SEE UPDATES BELOW REGARDING LOCATIONS/DATES/TIMES
With the first flakes now falling, we here at WalkUP Roslindale are standing ready to launch the WalkUP Roslindale Snow Clearance Collaborative 3.0 once again for the upcoming winter of 2019-2020. By way of reminder, the WRSCC focuses on clearing snow and ice from bus stops on key routes in and around Roslindale. This year, we will once again look to clear bus stops in key locations and incentivize participation by partnering with our very own Roslindale Village Main Street (using funds provided last year by District 5 City Councilor Tim McCarthy and the Roslindale Business Group) as follows:
- Anytime there’s a snow event greater than 4” (just over 10 cm), we will pick a suitable morning or evening time as soon as possible after the snow stops flying to meet up at the locations identified below and then descend on and shovel out the identified stops.
- The incentive we’re offering will once again be $10 Rozzie Bucks coupons for everyone who shows up and lends a hand.
- BTW, Rozzie Bucks are a great deal — good at many stores and restos in the square and the farmers market to boot!
Scheduled locations/captains are as follows:
- Washington/Cummins – Steve Gag and Greg Tobin [DONE ALREADY]
- Washington/Archdale – Ben Bruno [DONE ALREADY]
- Washington/Cornell – Sarah Kurpiel Lee – Tuesday, December 3, at 4:45 pm
- South/Walter – Matt Lawlor – Wednesday, December 4, at 7:00 am
- Corinth/Cohasset – Alan Wright – Tuesday, December 3, at 3:00 pm (look for Alan anywhere on Corinth from Washington to Belgrade)
- Washington/Brahms-Blue Ledge – Rob Orthman – Tuesday, December 3, at 8:00 pm
We will firm up these locations, captains, and timing as we see just how much snow we get. Thanks all!