We are happy to report that BTD is looking to extend the existing inbound Washington Street Bus/Bike Lane in Roslindale from Albano Street to Poplar Street. This bus lane would help address severe congestion on Washington Street on the approach to Poplar Street. A few details provided by BTD:
- The bus lane would be in effect from 5 AM to 10 AM and would affect parking only during those times.
- The bus lane would support MBTA bus routes 34, 34E, 40, and 50. This would improve the commute time for over 1,700 riders who use this stretch of road in the morning commute hours.
- Boston Public School Buses and emergency vehicles could also use the bus lane.
BTD is hosting two coffee hours next week at the Square Root Café. We encourage folks to drop by to support this well-needed extension!
- Wednesday, October 26 from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- Thursday, October 27th from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
See also this BTD flyer for these events in English, Spanish, and Creole.