We are quite happy to learn that the Boston Transportation Department is beginning striping work for the Washington Street/Roslindale Outbound Bus/Bike Lane. We have long pushed for both an evening-outbound and morning-inbound bus/bike lane and hope that finally achieving both goals will be transformational for Rozzie mass transit users as well as cyclists.
A few notes on what to expect over the next few weeks:
- Striping Work is anticipated to begin on Sunday, November 8 at 8 PM.
- BTD will be striping a new bus/bike lane and adding new signage.
- Work will be phased to minimize disruptions during peak hours.
- Plans are in place to manage traffic and ensure safety during road work.
- The new lane is anticipated to be operational on Monday, November 16th for the evening commute.
We’ve also agreed to help distribute a BTD flyer in both English and Spanish concerning the bus lane work. Please spread the word to interested folks!